Trade show checklist
Here are a few important things to keep in mind when designing graphics for your trade show booth.
Stick to one theme – your trade show marketing …
Trade Show Checklist
Author: Komal Qaiser
Being in charge of a company’s entire tradeshow presence can sound extremely daunting! Yes, there is a lot to handle but with the right amount of planning, it can be a great experience.
- Book booth space
- If interested, look at sponsorship opportunities
- Book a press room, if required
- Hire a contractor to build your exhibition booth
- Have your exhibition stand design approved by the show organizers
- Arrange flight/hotel booking for staff attending the trade show
- Order name badges for employees
- Prepare a media kit
- Order your marketing collateral and gift items (brochures, folders, envelopes, etc)
- Order business cards for the employees attending
- Order flowers
- Order water and electricity (if needed)
- Creatives for your booth graphics and sponsorship
- Book hostesses
- Book a photographer
- Write a brief for the hostesses and photographer
- Register badges for everyone attending
- Uniforms for staff/hostesses
- Social media posts about the event
- Email your contacts and set up a meeting calendar
- Follow up with the contractor building your booth
- Send a shipment of marketing materials to your hotel or straight to the convention center
- Cash for vendors that need onsite payment – discuss payment methods beforehand
- Scissors, tape, stapler, fishbowl for business cards, business card holder, phone charger – these things really come in handy!
- Camera – even if there is a photographer there, someone at the booth should be taking pictures for social media and other platforms so that you can post things as they happen
- All-purpose wipes – these will be handy for the reception desks and tables as dust gathers so fast and fingerprints don’t help!