Take your brand to the next level with these free marketing ideas
Optimise your website content to make it search-engine friendly. Optimise your body copy, meta descriptions and alt tags so that search engines pick up what you’re saying
- Optimise your website content to make it search-engine friendly. Optimise your body copy, meta descriptions and alt tags so that search engines pick up what you’re saying. Add more relevant content to your website and add in relevant keywords.
- Blog – start a company blog. This is a really effective way to add relevant content that is full of important keywords to your website. It also means that your website is constantly being updated with useful information. Brainstorm with your colleagues for blog topics and make it relevant to your customers or industry. Not only does blogging improve your online presence and website copy, it makes you stand out as a reliable source of industry information and adds credibility to your brand. It is important to make sure that the information you post is true and reliable and that your source of information is credible. You can also follow community pages and see what people are talking about for blog article ideas.
- Use social media to create constant engagement with customers and prospects. Post interesting information, reply to enquiries and make it another platform on which you can showcase your excellent customer service. Post photos, videos and articles to keep your audience entertained. If you have interesting topics to discuss, record videos and put them up on Youtube. Reach out to specific people using LinkedIn and advertise across social media platforms to a target audience.
- Ensure your customer service levels are high – with companies across the globe working strenuously to provide exceptional customer service, it’s easy to fall behind. Reach out to your existing customers, ask them how their experience has been and how you could better your services and build on that.
- For small companies that have close to personal relationships with their customers, contact your existing customers and ask them to leave reviews on social media, testimonials on your website and spread the word to other people that would be interested in similar products or services.
- Be a guest blogger – if there are blogs relevant to your industry or product offering, see if you can write a guest blog for them. This will add credibility to your brand, enhance your relationship with the owner of that blog and ultimately increase your brand exposure. If it’s a blog that you read regularly, you’re likely to know their style of writing and the topics that would be a good fit for their blog.
- Install Google Analytics to monitor your website traffic, visitor demographics and behaviour. See how long your visitors spend on each page, which pages get the most visits and which pages seem neglected. This will help you to create content that is of interest to your website visitors.
- Stay up to date – follow other blogs, marketing websites and other sources of tips so that you can stay up to date with the latest trends both in your industry and in marketing. Continue to learn as things are ever changing and what works today might be completely outdated tomorrow.